Friday, December 22, 2006

Have Yourself....


A Snowy Street in Chicago
Originally uploaded by Uncle Pat.
...A Merry Little Christmas....Make the Yuletide gay....from now on our troubles will be miles away....

I just love that Christmas song. It's just such a warm and inviting song that encapsulates the season so well. I think when the line, "from now on our troubles will be miles away," in the song comes up, we can believe that to mean...that because we are blessed to have the Lord in our life, he takes all of our burdens, all of our sins and all of the things we cannot bear and carries them for us....miles away. Perhaps I'm stretching the song a bit....who knows...

I'm...on the road again this afternoon to do Christmas with my parents and grandparents in Augusta. I always enjoy the time with my family. It's undivided attention. No one has to work...or be anywhere...we can just relax. It's fun to watch Blake (6) get excited about the holiday and have him open presents. The only thing missing will be Daniel. So Sad. Thankfully...this will be our ONLY Christmas apart.

Well...have a MERRY CHRISTMAS...and I'm sure there will be more to blog as the days pass on.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Merry Christmas, Candice!
We are so glad that this is the last Christmas you and Daniel will have apart too! Have a wonderful time with your family...what a blessing that you have such a wonderful family, and we are excited that you will soon join our family!
We love you...

Blog Archive