Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An All Star Race?

It's not every day that I (Daniel) take the opportunity to attend an event like a Nascar race....let alone leave it on the tv on Sunday for more than a minute. But, my good friend Jarian, who does killer sponsorship work for Michael Waltrip Racing, hooked me up with a few tickets to the Lowes Motor Speedway All Star race. I had been told this was the best race to ever go to because it's short, has a few breaks, and is strictly for money (a cool 1 mil). I brought along my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and his fiance (my lame self didn't get a picture of the four of us....I need my wife around to help)...as well as hooking up a family Candice works with at church.
The race was not a disappointment at all....it was so fun to see how expansive the speedway is, how many people--and all kinds of people--come out to see this stuff, and watch the drivers put it on the line and race. I will say it is much better live than on tv.
I took a few pictures while there, so below are a couple to look thru...and later in the week we'll be getting the rest up.

Oh, and Kasey Kahne won....he pulled it out in the final 25 lap heat to take care of Dale Jr (which the crowd totally loves). And

And I will say...taking pictures of cars going at rates of 170mph+ is a whole different ticket than what we usually do...

All-Star race_border_1

All-Star_border_2

(this was Dale Jarrett's last race of his career for the brown UPS 44, so he got to ride around the track on the truck...a great way to go out)

All-Star_border_3

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow! Those pictures are so cool, Daniel! Nice job! The color is fantastic.

Blog Archive