Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Jason!


Jason....
Originally uploaded by Whitley.
Today is the birthday of my brother-in-law to be! I hope you have an amazing birthday Jason .....and that you don't eat too many sweets!! :)
~~~
So. Speaking of sweets...I started this meal plan...to eat better. No, it's not a diet. My mom has designed it for me (it's her line of work...).I find myself fixated on food. Isn't it funny how we want something (like a Snickers bar) when we are no longer allowed to have it? Somehow it feels as though we are missing out.

I think it can feel the same way with a Christian walk. You know that living for Christ is a much better way to live life than your old one. God has provided the Word for us (Bible) so that we can stay on track and do what's best for us. But somehow, we fixate on what we can no longer have....We want it only because we can't/shouldn't have it. It feels like we are missing out.

I think the Lord understood all along what we would battle...and he spoke of it through Paul in Romans 7.

Romans 7:15-25 (New Living Translation)
15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate. 16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. 17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 20 But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 23 But there is another power[b] within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Blog Archive