Thursday, February 15, 2007

Need some relief?


Flower
Originally uploaded by B®am..
Phew! These days are running me ragged! Have you ever felt like you have SO much to do and so little time? Story of my life right now, and I am sure it's been the story for all of us at one time or another.

I've been dialoging with a lot of friends...and I keep hearing the same thing...they are happy...but the inside seems to be weary...and I am reminded of the popular verses in Matthew 11 that say, “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.(Matthew 11:27-29 NLT)

When I read those words...I think, "yeah right--it's easy for you to say...you're God." But then I think God replies back..."Yeah, I'm God--if that isn't reason enough. I'm asking you to give me your troubles, you don't have to carry them, please let me ease your suffering/worries/heavy heart."

I heard a quote this past weekend...that really made sense to me, "We should not pray for God to change our circumstances but to change our perspectives." Hmm. Chew on it.
____
On another note...the picture of the gerbera daisy...is the type of flowers that will be at the Lanning/Whitley wedding.

Want a fun and creative baby gift? Well, check out Funsies By Reba These are SO cute and reasonable gifts too!

No comments:

Blog Archive