Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Can't Get No....Sa-tis-fac-tion....

It's not that life has been too busy or bad...just, well...have you ever heard that 1965 hit song by The Rolling Stones, 'I Can't Get No' (the rest of it says...I can't get no, sa-tis-fac-tion....) (p.s.....This has nothing to do with my married life. I am MORE than happy in it....I have the best man I know!) It's just...well...sometimes I feel a bit unsettled. Make sense?

Let me continue with an example...I think that sometimes we are just in a season, a place in life, that we feel that we haven't quite made it to where we are supposed to be...but we are stuck somewhere in between the middle. I've been feeling that way...hard to explain...but I'll try.... Daniel and I have been attending a new church (we love it!), we've been getting involved volunteering in several areas and working to make new friends...but in the process of making friends...it's slow...we don't have couples calling us yet to go out, hang out or anything like that yet. We haven't felt like there are people yet that we can call. It just feels like we are in the middle. We long to have wonderful friendships...it's just a process of building over time, I know this...it just feels slow.

Does it ever feel that way in your walk with the Lord? You read the word, worship, tithe, have a relationship with the Lord...but where you are in that....you still feel like you're not to the next place yet. We long for that revelation moment, where there are no questions...and all is right....but it's a process of building over time, I know this...it just feels slow. I realize that God's timing is perfect...and all things happen in time.

All of this to say....It may feel slow, but keep holding on and trusting in the Lord that his time is good and for our good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. It took a looooong time for me and Jason to find our "core" group of married friends, but trust me, it's worth the wait! i don't know what i'd do without them. me and j actually started heading up a young married couple small group, and that's how we met everyone. We did "the first 90 days of marriage", "love and respect", and "fanning the flames of romance" is what we're doing now. <--the funnest book ever! haha. just some advice chica. anywho, hope all is well! :)

Blog Archive