Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feeling Like a Failure?

I think there are times in our lives, more often than not, we are our own worst critic. I’m guilty of it. When I was part of the band at whatever place of life I was at, after every service, I’d listen to the playbacks…and instead of noticing the good parts…I focused on what was flawed.

We can put on an outfit that we feel great in. But notice that our stomach is muffin topping or that our hair is flat or something….It’s easy to pick out our flaws.

This past Sunday at Elevation (where I work) I was at the Providence campus. As Guest Services Director I’m over all campuses for the following areas: lobby, parking, ushers, First Impressions (bathrooms), and First Time Guests. That includes hundreds of peoples and leaders. When something goes wrong on Sunday…I have to make corrections and changes to it for the week coming up. Sometimes those mishaps happen before my very eyes, brought to me from another campus, or shown to me on the campus that I happen to be at.
A trap that I often fall into is that allow those mistakes own me. I had an epiphany on Sunday when someone was showing me something that was not running as it could have been….it was this, “Own every mistake, but don’t let every mistake own you.”
Freedom. Yes, that statement brings me freedom. It’s hard to not let our flaws, mistakes and mishaps own us. The solution: we should do all in our power to make things better, but don’t let them own you.

I pray that in your own life, you will own up to those things that you are responsible for in life…but don’t let them own you.

**Daniel and I had the privilege of being a part of the ‘Safe Journey’ Graduation. What an awesome time to be a part of what God is doing in the community. Click here to see a few of those pictures that we took.**

No comments:

Blog Archive