Thursday, June 05, 2008

Pinned up on the inside!

I (Candice) have had several blogs pinned up on the inside of me the past couple of days...the way they used to be pinned up back in the days of my blog, "China Girl Quotes." I've had zero time to post....but today...I'm going to share some and hopefully share some tomorrow as well.

Let me first say...it's quite an experience for me doing Guest Services at Elevation Church. I've always considered myself a leader. But a real leader doesn't just lead people, they also lead other leaders. What's the difference, you may ask? Well...there are people and volunteers that just enjoy being led, shown where to go and they will own whatever you ask of them...but leaders...are different.

When leading a leader you will need to provide the why's, how come's and more. Leaders think of all of the detail that it takes to pull something off--not just the task. Leaders see the bigger picture and realizes the sacrifice that it will take to get there. Leaders look out for their teams and the best interest of the ministry itself and of those following.

I never in a million years would have guessed that God would have placed me in a position to lead leaders...but I am being stretched and challenged every step of the way. It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. If you are leading leaders, I imagine that you will feel some of the same things--but in the end, when you ask leaders to take a risk with you for a vision bigger than yourself, if they are the right leaders--they will go there with you. BUT....not without the 'why'.

Let me encourage you to not be discouraged by leaders needing to know the why--lead them in a way that they have confidence in the vision that you are placing before them.

***
In a personal note...Happy 77th Birthday Pa! I love you so much and wish we lived closer. His birthday was actually June 3rd...but I'm posting it late...

No comments:

Blog Archive