Tuesday, August 12, 2008

If You Can't Laugh At Yourself, Who Will?

DSC_0008 ed

While in Hilton Head Island over July 4 with my family...Daniel and I had caricatures of us done. It was funny to see a cartoonist's rendering of what we would be in animated form. I think it's a pretty close one too!

When I look at this it reminds me to laugh a little more....because if I can't laugh at myself occasionally, who will?

God is teaching me so much about me. I've found myself asking myself things like, "why did I react like that?" or "why do I feel threatened by this or this person?" or "why am I not living in confidence of who God has called me to be?" I have found that a lot of my answers are the same...because I am trying to do it on my own, without the help of the one who's called me. That's a hard pill to swallow...but day-by-day I am leaning more and more on Him.

My encouragement to you is to take your faith a day at a time...and I assure you, He will not let you down.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks! I needed to hear/read that today. Lori

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

so glad Lori! I hope you and the boys are doing well!!

Blog Archive