Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Celebration!

Congrats to my WONDERFUL parents! Today they are celebrating 30 years of marriage!! I am so proud that my parents have loved each other, respected each other and stuck to it all of these years. My mother has taught me how to love a man...while my father has taught me how to be treated and loved. They have shown me what a loving relationship looks like. They've taught me what depending on Jesus looks like during the best of times and some of the darkest of times. I couldn't be more proud of my parents. I love them more than myself. **Pictures of them to come tonight**

Also...Daniel and I are so looking forward to going to the Free To Succeed photographers conference with David Jay tonight. Our new friend and talented photographer Cheyenne Schultz will be coming along as well. We can't wait to learn, soak it in and meet the people we admire in the photography realm. We are sad that we won't get to hear Jasmine* ...but it still is proving to be a fantastic asset for our photography!

One last thing...as we, at Elevation, are going through the Daniel fast...we are reading a chapter of John each day. We are on day 16...thus on John 16. There are a couple of things that stood out to me, that I would be amiss if I did not share. The first...I think its crazy that John 16:21-22 talk about giving birth to a child and how it's painful during, but you can get past that because of the joy of the child being born. Why is that crazy, because our Connections Pastor, Larry Brey, and his lovely wife Janet are having their baby girl, Daelyn today!!

On a serious note... John 16:33 it reads, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

1 comment:

Haley Lamb said...

what an awesome opportunity to attend Free to Succeed! Please, please give a detailed overview of everything that happens! I can't wait to see what you guys learn! How exciting!

Blog Archive